Saturday 5 March 2011

No. 2 : S U N F L O W E R

This morning I woke up after a good night's sleep, look up at the ceiling and give the day a big smile. What a feeling!!

I think it is because today is the eve of my birthday and the excitement of celebrating it with my family and friends have made me felt this way.  I felt like a full bloom sunflower shining at the world and ready to give my best.



Have you ever felt this way before?  It is a great feeling, isn't it?

Now let me share with you what else I have in mind that gives me the same feeling.  It is none other than my sister's Oreo Truffles!  Well, it does not have sunflower seeds in them but the chocolaty taste together with the cream cheese is a great treat that made me look up at the ceiling and give a big smile.

My sis made two varieties of truffles the other day. One is chocolate coated and the other is crunched Oreo coated.  I personally enjoyed the chocolate coated one more because I prefer to have a smooth finishing. I want nothing crunchy that I need to chew and with just one bite the truffle gently melts in my mouth.  That's the exact sensation I had when I tried the chocolate coated ones.

If you like to have some crunchiness and more Oreos in your truffles than I think the crunched Oreo coated ones would suit you more.




This melts my heart.


Both varieties.


It does look much like sunflowers.


Packed some to share with my colleagues. 

Truffles are good sweets to be served to either a small or large crowd. If I ever invite my friends over for tea or just to chill out at home, I will definitely serve them the truffles with (of course) wine.  Perfect pairing indeed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment